Sunday, May 3, 2009

Coconut Potato Chutney

Its the simplest and easiest yet tasty dish that I have learned from my Maa and my Maa from my Aai. At first instant anyone will think whats new in a coconut chutney. But you will know the difference when you have it. And I am sure you will appreciate it.

Ingredients
Half of a coconut
2 medium sized potato
Half of an onion
50ml curd
2 dry red chillies
1tbsp oil
1tbsp white gram (peeled off biri dal)
Curry leaves
1tbsp cumin seeds
Salt

Procedure
Grate the coconut.
Chop the onions finely - the way we cut for an omelette.
Boil the potatoes, peel it off and smash it in a bowl.
Now heat 1 spoon of oil in a kadai on medium flame.
Put cumin seeds and white gram to the oil so that it starts popping up.
Then add red chillies, curry leaves to it, stir and put the gas off so that they don't turn black.
Now add this to the bowl of smashed potato.
Add the grated coconut, curd and finely cut onions to the bowl.
Add salt as per taste and mix it well.
Now the dish is ready to be served and I am sure you will love the taste.

1 comment: